Steve McCabe MP is seeking a part time Constituency Assistant to join his busy constituency office based in Birmingham. Read on for further details and how to apply.
Job Role: Constituency Assistant
Salary: £20,000 pro rata
Hours: Part-Time 3 days per week, Permanent
Main responsibilities for the Constituency Assistant include:
- Assistwith constituency casework, provide advice and support to constituents and stakeholders.
- Liaise with external agencies to resolve matters on behalf of constituents and others
- Deal with a large amount of correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and provide timely responses
- Ensure that all information is treated in a sensitive and confidential manner and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations
- Producepress releases on local and national stories and produce content publicising the members parliamentary and constituency work across social media platforms, including producing videos
- Stakeholder engagement
- Arrange meetings and visits for the MP
- Accompany the MP to some meetings and visits
- Undertakeresearch for parliamentary debates and questions
- Undertakedata entry, administration and database management of correspondence
- Excellentverbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work to a high standard and to manage own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage a large and varied caseload under pressure
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office, and social media skills (including producing videos)
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritisetasks and manage own workload
- Experience in campaigning is desirable
- Full Driving license and access to a car is desirable
- Awareness of current political issues at local and national level.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Please note there will be some weekend and evening work
Applicants should send their CV with a detailed covering letter no longer than one A4 page, setting out how they meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com
To have an informal chat about the role with Steve’s Office Manager you can attend Steve McCabe MP’s Constituency Jobs Fair on Friday 27 September, 1-3pm at the Hub Hazelwell, Vicarage Road, B14 7NH.
Closing date for applications Monday 30 September.
Candidates must be available for interview on Wednesday 9 October in Birmingham. An immediate/early start date is desirable.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.