Main purpose of Job: Constituency Assistant
Hours: Full time
Fixed Term contract for 9 months commencing on Monday 13 March.
Main responsibilities for the Constituency Assistant will be:
– Assist constituency office in providing advice and support to constituents and stakeholders
– Liaise with external agencies to resolve matters on behalf of constituents and others
– Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses
– Undertaking data entry, administration and database management of correspondence
– Ensuring office records are kept efficiently and are up to date
– Media monitoring, drafting press releases and supporting MPs work across social media platforms
– Stakeholder engagement
– Arranging meetings and visits for the MP
– Accompany the MP to some meetings and visits
– Undertaking research for parliamentary debates and questions
– Mailing, photocopying and filing
– Competent user of Microsoft Office package
– Attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload
– Experience in campaigning is desirable
– An interest in various social media platforms and an understanding of how to make optimal use of them is desirable
– Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Please note there will be some weekend and evening work
To apply, please send a letter of application no longer than one A4 page along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be available for interview on Thursday 15 February. Candidates who have been selected for interview will be notified by Friday 10 February.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.